The High Table Dinner, which I didn't mention was supposed to be exactly like the entrance dinners in the Harry Potter movies. The professors as well as the students are supposed to be dressed in robes and the professors seated on a higher platform ex. Harry Potter. Anyways, after the dinner, we, as a student body decided to go to the Goose for our first taste of British nightlife. I called a taxi from the red old school telephone booth that is free local calls. The taxi's took awhile, but we finally made it. 9 pounds later we were at the Goose. From all the talk about foreign pubs, I didn't think it would be all that big, however this way of good size (about the size of an endzone plus some). We saw all the others and it took off from there. A pitcher of Fosters was a first for me, and the night was grand. We pub hopped with a few locals, Gary and Keel, and got back pretty late. Granite, we all slept till 11 the following morning and then had more orientation stuff all today. I signed up for the volleyball and basketball teams and am going to sign up for a student committe as well. First day of classes tommorow so that should be interesting. Adios.
-brad the brilliant
haha I like how you describe the size of the Goose in football terms!
ReplyDelete