Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1st day of classes at Hogwarts


The first day of classes consisted of quite a few interesting things. First of all, my class was at 8:30 in the morning -__- not cool. At BU we try not to schedule those unless you're a fish who can't get into any better times. So 8:30 came pretty early, but I was still really excited. Gosh I love school. The whole campus (app. 140 students plus 20 or so teachers) were all in the long gallery. I know I have still yet to post pictures that are more enticing than the ones that are up, but it'll come.
Professor Bujack was to give the lecture today. He started off with the history of the states in the UK and talked about England quite a bit. When he spoke however, I couldn't help but notice his British accent which to me, sounded like a friend I had in my younger days (Austin Zwick). Words such as current and great were being pronounced curwent and gweat. hahaha. To say the least I had a great time during the lecture not only listening to the history of the states in the United Kingdom, which only became the UNITED kingdom a mere 70 years before the USA was born, but writing down every word I heard that reminded me of my friend so long ago. As professor Bujack showed us "one of the most important images in the history of the UK," he stated that "this picture is extra special since these 5 guys were in the same woom. I couldn't hold myself together very well, but had to considering I think I was the only person being extra critical of his words that day. Wow, that was funny. Some supplementary words were wapid, weigned, welic, Euwopean, gwoups, and Bwitain to say a few. Now don't get me wrong, I am not making fun of this brilliant professor, it just took me back to the days of my childhood friends and the many adventures we had, hahhaha (Go Wangers!!!)
Immediately following our lecture (British time-meaning 20 minutes), we have a British studies seminar where we discuss the lecture and further pursue the topics. I like my teacher professor Helen Snow, and we had a good time. OH, I ALMOST FORGOT! I drew some Sarah Siddons for my 10 page term paper, but luckily noone picked WILLIAM WALLACE and I'll be writing my 10 page paper of him, AWESOME!
After the seminar, I had to blow 35 minutes which isn't enough time to accomplish anything, especially on the first day with zero reading assigned, before my physics class. Professor is Bunton my physics teacher and he is definitely a physics teacher. This guy knows his stuff. He explained the process of a nuclear power plant and somehow connected it to a teapot. We discussed Artistotly and Galileo (whose last name is Galilei) and ended class with a 2nd story dropping of two balls of different weights hitting a box at almost the same time. Physics-cool.
After a good lunch, integrated marketing communication was next. Chuck is a professor from Eau Claire, and is someone who you would want teaching you marketing. He is enthusiastic and of course has his credentials, but my favorite part is he gets everyone to talk during class. The man is always smiling. Marketing is good!
I went to town to look around and got some shampoo and cola and a notebook. I came back, took a nap, went to dinner, worked out, did homework and then finally just chilled in my room. Good first day.

-brad the bozo

No comments:

Post a Comment