Sorry it has been so long. Scotland however, is where I left off! This is on top of King Arthur's seat, which is a hill we climbed, pretty sweet. The adventures of Scotland were amazing!! Let's start with the amazing overnight trip to Edinburgh.
There was nothing awesome about this trip. We left at 11:30 at night, changed trains about 45 minutes later, and then another 45 minutes after that we were in the forsaken town of Newcastle at approximately 2am, ugh. We heard there was a 24 hour McDonalds right across the street and since we were all starving, the Baker squad and my roommate, we decided to go! Turns out, that across the street meant 2 miles away, awesome -__- . Anyways, we got the McDonalds to go, since there were no chairs in it, and headed back to the train station. Lo and behold!!!!! Lady luck was with us and the train station was closed until 4! awesome! We now had an hour and a half to kill on the streets of Newcastle , yay. Well we ended up walking around, finding at least 5 closed coffee shops and other snack places but ended up in a pizzaria and stayed there for about 45 minutes and talked with a local who was making fun of Newcastle so that was funny. After we got in the train station, after pulling a "huddle in front of the hotel" because the architecture blocked the wind trick, we finally got in the train station. At previous train stations, there was a "waiting room" in which heat was supplied and it was nice and cozy! hah! not us! If I forgot to tell you, it was about 30 degrees! Anyways, the waiting room was a class enclosed room with zero heat and zero coziness. We were absolutely freezing! I got a 20 minute nap in on the cold tile, and woke up with my bone marrow frozen...im not kidding. I got up and walked around but it didn't seem to help. You could relate me to those gummy bears that you accidentily pushed at the bottom of your ice cream and forgot about and go to eat them and break your teeth. Nearing 6:15, our departure time, they finally opened the day bathrooms and I retreated in there to turning on the heaters and scaulding myself, which felt great. That night I wished I was a cold-blooded animal, o well, adapt and overcome.
The train came, and we got to Edinburgh around 8:15, and thats where our Scottish adventure began......
-brad the...well...
-WILLIAM WALLACE
No comments:
Post a Comment